What You Need to Know About Applying to Military Housing
February 28, 2018
Whether you're single or you have a family, military housing is a great option for many service members. Lincoln Military aims to make military housing the very best it can be, which is why we offer countless amenities, hassle-free payment and a simple application process to qualified applicants. If you're considering applying for military housing, here are just a few things you need to know.
Before you begin the process, you'll need these important documents:
- Housing application cover sheet
- Housing application form, DD1746
- Current orders
- Copy of your page 2, DD93, or DD1172 (Army)
- Government issued ID for all applicants over 18
In some cases, you may also need:
- DA 31 (Army)
- Live-in aid is approval by the HA
- Power of Attorney
- Exceptional Family Member paperwork
- Current End of Month LES
Other things to consider:
- Pregnant women must provide a medical pregnancy statement supplied by a physician. The term of pregnancy to qualify for a larger home varies from Installation to Installation.
- Those who share custody of dependent children must provide proof of legal custody (final decree documents) specifically stating that they are entitled to custody for at least 6 consecutive months a year in order to have dependents considered for eligibility.
Want to learn more? Explore the Lincoln Military website!