What You Need to Know About Applying to Military Housing

February 28, 2018

Whether you're single or you have a family, military housing is a great option for many service members. Lincoln Military aims to make military housing the very best it can be, which is why we offer countless amenities, hassle-free payment and a simple application process to qualified applicants. If you're considering applying for military housing, here are just a few things you need to know.

Before you begin the process, you'll need these important documents:

  • Housing application cover sheet
  • Housing application form, DD1746
  • Current orders
  • Copy of your page 2, DD93, or DD1172 (Army)
  • Government issued ID for all applicants over 18

In some cases, you may also need:

  • DA 31 (Army)
  • Live-in aid is approval by the HA
  • Power of Attorney
  • Exceptional Family Member paperwork
  • Current End of Month LES

Other things to consider:

  • Pregnant women must provide a medical pregnancy statement supplied by a physician. The term of pregnancy to qualify for a larger home varies from Installation to Installation.
  • Those who share custody of dependent children must provide proof of legal custody (final decree documents) specifically stating that they are entitled to custody for at least 6 consecutive months a year in order to have dependents considered for eligibility.

Want to learn more? Explore the Lincoln Military website!

Categories: MiscellaneousTags:Apartments in Portsmouth Military Housing Portsmouth Things to Do in Portsmouth

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This